Rancher provides a set of alerts for cluster scans. which are not configured to have notifiers by default:
- A manual cluster scan was completed
- A manual cluster scan has failures
- A scheduled cluster scan was completed
- A scheduled cluster scan has failures
You need to configure a notifier before configuring, sending, or receiving alerts.
To activate an existing alert for a CIS scan result,
- From the cluster view in Rancher, click Tools > Alerts.
- Go to the section called A set of alerts for cluster scans.
- Go to the alert you want to activate and click ⋮ > Activate.
- Go to the alert rule group A set of alerts for cluster scans and click ⋮ > Edit.
- Scroll down to the Alert section. In the To field, select the notifier that you would like to use for sending alert notifications.
- Optional: To limit the frequency of the notifications, click on Show advanced options and configure the time interval of the alerts.
- Click Save.
Result: The notifications will be triggered when the a scan is run on a cluster and the active alerts have satisfied conditions.
To create a new alert,
- Go to the cluster view and click Tools > CIS Scans.
- Click Add Alert.
- Fill out the form.
- Enter a name for the alert.
- In the Is field, set the alert to be triggered when a scan is completed or when a scan has a failure.
- In the Send a field, set the alert as a Critical, Warning, or Info alert level.
- Choose a notifier for the alert.
Result: The alert is created and activated. The notifications will be triggered when the a scan is run on a cluster and the active alerts have satisfied conditions.
For more information about alerts, refer to this page.